When Rodrigo Duterte is voted president of the Philippines, he sets in motion a machinery of death to execute suspected drug peddlers, users, and small-time criminals. Aswang follows people whose fates entwine with the growing violence during two years of killings in Manila.
- Documentary / 85 min / Philippines / 2019
- Original Title: Aswang
- Genres: Documentary
- Production Year: 2019
- Country of Origin: France, Germany, Norway, Philippines, Qatar, Denmark
- Language Spoken: Filipino
- Duration: 85 min
- Shot On: Sony A7S 4K
- Screen Ratio: 16:9
- Format: DCP 5.1
- Director: Alyx Aym Arumpac
- Cast: Ciriaco Santiago III, Orly Fernandez, Vincent Go, Ezra Acayan, J.S., C.P., C.S.
- Director of Photography: Tanya Haurylchyk, Alyx Ayn Arumpac
- Film Editors: Anne Fabini, Fatima Bianchi
- Sound Editors: John Michael Perez, Mikko Quizon
- Production Company: CINEMATOGRAFICA
- Producers: Armi Rae Cacanindin, Alyx Ayn Arumpac
Aswang at festivals2020:
Thessaloniki Documentary Festival, Greece (online)
One World Film Festival, Czech Rep.
MoMa Doc Fortnight, US
Amnesty International Human Rights Award - Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
FIPRESCI Award - IDFA