Ross is a man of few words and when his wife Beth dies, so does his spirit. His son Bruce is reluctant to change his own life to help run the farm but can see his father struggling, both physically and emotionally. Without Beth as a buffer, the distance in their relationship is exacerbated. The presence of local boy Marley proves useful, as does the unsolicited support from Bruce’s boss at the dump, Connie, and from Clem, the local vet.
- Drama / 95 min / New Zealand / 2019
- Genres: Drama
- Production Year: 2019
- Country of Origin: New Zealand
- Language Spoken: English
- Duration: 95 min.
- Screen Ratio: 2.35:1
- Format: DCP 5.1
- Director: Hamish Bennett
- Cast: Cohen Holloway, Rachel House, Marshall Napier, Annie Whittle
- Director of Photography: Grant McKinnon
- Film Editors: Jason Pengelly
- Sound Editors: Alan Kidd
- Script Writers: Hamish Bennett
- Production Status: Post-production
- Production Company: Herringbone Productions Ltd.
- Producers: Orlando Stewart, Catherine Fitzgerald
- Financiers: New Zealand Film Commission
Bellbird at festivals2019:
Melbourne International Film Festival, Australia
New Zealand International Film Festival, NZ
Sydney International Film Festival, Aurstralia (Competition)